Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Writer's Wednesday #1

The Radio Not You Is Loving Me...



The words of love wash across my ears
Sounds that lovingly brush away my tears

Thoughts of you running through my mind
In love's crazy maze it's you I always find
How can you be so close at hand
Yet worlds away from me your love stands
Lying here crying for my broken heart
I wonder why I let this love start
Painfully sure what I want can't be
Knowing you aren't in love with me
My memories burn with your stolen kiss
I'll never again be satisfied with his
Then the words of love wash across my ears
Those sounds that lovingly brush away my tears

Remembering back to a simpler time
When me loving you wasn't a crime
Listening to the words of a forever song
The love in my heart seems to sing along
I stay here waiting on my bed
Radio at my side, earphones on my head
Waiting for what my heart holds so dear
Wondering if you will ever be here
Dreaming of days with bright blue skies
Eyes flooded with tears for all the whys
And then the words of love wash across my ears
With those sounds that lovingly brush away my tears

For one more chance, another forbidden taste
The rest of my life I'm willing to waste
From that first wondering moment until today
Memories unwind in an instant replay
Every thought is of some how, some way
We might be together one wonderful day
The music keeps playing on and on
Each melody soothes and then is gone
As I sit waiting for what can never happen to be
I can plainly hear… and see
The words of love wash across my ears
Sounds that lovingly brush away my tears
The radio not you is loving me

written October 1994
revised June 2000

No comments: